We love baking and especially at Christmas time it is definitely an excuse to get in the kitchen with the kids and do some baking, I don’t know why but it’s kind of tradition of ours. Its great fun and the kids love it (especially the scraping out the bowl at the end) I can remember doing this with my mum when I was little, she would sit me on the kitchen side with the wooden spoon and mixing bowl scraping out the leftover mixture while she tidied up.
So when My Cupcake toppers asked us if we wanted to try out some of their cupcake toppers we thought it was great time to do a little Christmas baking.
Basic cupcake recipe
- 225g / 8oz Butter
- 225g/8oz caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 225g/8oz self raising flour
Butter cream topping
- 200g softened butter
- 250g icing Sugar
- 1 tbsp. of water
- Preheat the oven 180°C / 350 F/ Gas mark 4. Line 2 x 12 hole muffin tin with 24 paper cupcake cases of your choice
- Place the butter, caster sugar, flour and eggs in a large bowl and beat together until all the ingredients are combined.
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases
- Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes , or well risen and golden brown and firm to touch.
- For the butter cream mix the butter icing sugar and water together to form a slightly stiff cream this can be either spread on top of the cupcakes or piped on using a piping bag
- Allow the cupcakes to cool before piping on the butter cream
The cupcake toppers can be added to the cupcakes once cool and the butter cream is placed. I had never used cupcake toppers before so wasn’t sure how they worked but you simple cut the toppers to size before placing in a cool oven of between 50°c and 60°C for 10mins. This then allows the toppers to be removed from the backing paper easily. I have got to say this wasn’t as easy as I thought to start with, but soon got the hang of it and the toppers came off the backing quite easily and could be place on top of the iced cupcakes.
12 or 30 cupcake toppers are printed on icing or rice paper with edible ink, with a range of pre-designed images and also offer a 7.5″ disc printed on an A4 sheet of icing or rice paper for you to cut yourself.
My cupcake toppers print cupcake toppers or a large cake topper for special occasions , business event, charity fundraiser or just for fun.
They can also print with your own logo or branding, personal photos and drawings, text or just a picture from the internet. The personalised edible cake toppers will make your celebrations, fundraising, promotions and corporate events even more memorable.
We decided to pick a Christmas themed cupcake with it being Christmas. I would also like to try out the other themed toppers for Easter or Birthday parties. We really enjoyed making our Christmas cupcakes especially with the Cupcake toppers to make them a little extra special.
Until next time