Spoil yourself this weekend with Eggs Royale the ultimate weekend brunch.
Its a bit of a tradition in our house that Sundays are all about sharing a yummy breakfast, Its not surprising that we enjoy a slow start and its our favourite days of the week. Its the only day we don’t have anywhere be. Sundays for us usually start off with a big cup of tea in bed and then downstairs to make breakfast which more often than not involves pancakes (if the kids have their way).
Maybe you have a birthday or celebration coming up or just fancy a treat. Eggs Royale is a take on the classic American eggs benedict but instead of ham or bacon you replace it with smoked salmon. It really is a treat and can be easily doubled up if cooking for a bigger bunch.
It is a very yummy and a great treat for the weekend.
4 white toasting muffins
8 medium or large free range eggs
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 small bag of baby spinach
150g smoked salmon
For the Hollandaise sauce
4 egg yolks
1 tsp of white wine vinegar
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- To make the hollandaise sauce, firstly melt the butter in a pan over a low heat.
- In a separate glass bowl whisk together the egg yolks with the white wine vinegar, pinch of salt and a tbsp ice-cold water.
- Put the glass bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk for 4- 5 minutes, until pale and thickened.
- Take the eggs off the heat and pour in the melted butter slowly, whisking constantly.
- Add the lemon juice and keep warm.
- Place the spinach in a bowl and pour over a kettle of boiling water to wilt the spinach.
- Add the white wine vinegar to a pan of boiling water and turn down to simmer, crack the eggs into the water one by one and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile toast the muffins in the toaster and cut in half. Divide between 4 plates.
- Top with the wilted spinach and poached eggs and drizzle over the hollandaise sauce.
- Serves with a sprinkle of the remaining chives.
And simply enjoy……
Until next time