We all love pizza right ? Especially homemade pizza, well we do in our house it’s the number one choice when we ask the kids what treat they would like for tea. But what better way to have pizza than to make it yourself. It’s also a great way to get the kids in the kitchen and encourage them to take part in the making of their own pizza. I know that if I allow my two to help, choose and take part in the cooking of their meals they are more inclined to eat them.
Pizza making although a little messy is one of our favourite things to do and all the families number one choice for our weekend treat. This super simple pizza recipe is quick and easy to make, and is much healthier than shop bought varieties.
35og strong bread flour
2 tablespoons of olive oil
7 g dried yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
250 ml warm water
- preheat the oven to 180 fan oven
- mix together the yeast and water in a boil and leave for a few minutes
- add the olive oil salt and sugar
- mix in the flour to form a dough like consistency
- turn out the dough onto a floured surface and knead for around 10 minutes
- place the dough back into the bowl and cover with cling film, leave to raise for 30 – 45 minutes ( the dough should double in size)
- roll the dough out and place on a floured baking tray.
- add the toppings of your choice and cook for 20-25 minutes on 200°C fan (adjust time and temperature accordingly)
- remove from the oven and serve
This super easy homemade pizza recipe is the perfect weekend treat and the whole family can get involved in.
Until next time