There comes a time in your life and for me I’m not sure when it happened to me or its something you just realise as you get older but you stop worrying so much. Other people’s opinions don’t matter as much as the once did and you learn to live the simple life. So I thought I’d share a few things I’ve learnt not always the easy way but I’ve learnt over time. I don’t claim to have it all figured out and sometimes still struggle but these things just seem to have stuck.
- You really don’t have to say yes to everything. Sometimes we set ourselves up with so much. Our work, social life’s, kids activities, we simply take on too much. But do you know what? it’s really is OK to say No ! Just once in a while you don’t have to join in on everything, attend every party or invitation. Take the pressure off a little and simple say no.
- Material possessions don’t make you a better person or happier. It’s the pepole we spend our time with that make the difference. A big house, nice holidays, a meal out in a fancy restaurant. Yes they are all things we like to do and have but would be nothing without the people we share them with.
- Say goodbye to toxic people, Yes this is a hard one and I can say I learnt the hard way. It can be hard to do but if people are dragging you down because of something that isn’t right in their lives it’s time to take a step back leave them too it. Some people thrive off negative behaviour and this is not healthy for anyone.
- Talk talk talk ~ communication is key in anything whether it is work related or home if we don’t discuss things and put our point across this is when relationships start to break down.
- We don’t always have to succeed or be this perfect person, It is OK to fail or not get something quite right. Move on or try again I always find works well don’t dwell on the negativity.
- Help others, its nice to help someone who is less fortunate than ourselves. Helping an elderly neighbour, being a open ear for a friend or just simply opening a door for someone. There are still some decent people out there and it’s nice to be one of them.
- Take a deep breath, deep breaths not only relaxes you but calms the mind too. Just slowing down your breathing and taking a few deep breaths really does make you fell better even in the most stressful situations.
- Be positive, some days this is harder than others and some days are a little crappie and some are pretty shitty. But I really try to be positive and focus on the things in our lives we can be thankful for no matter how difficult things are.
- Don’t live in the past or wish for the future. This is one thing I yet have to conquer. I am always wishing for the weekend, warmer weather, the next holiday etc etc but I’m really trying to live for today and enjoy each day as it comes instead of wishing it away, life is too short to do anything else.
- Always try your best is all you can do and if you do that you cant be criticised in anyway.
I’m not perfect and far from it but these 10 lessons in life are a great start to being the best I can be. Accepting when things are out of your control, focusing on the positive and living in the moment are all ways to live a less stressful lifestyle.
Until next time
I’m linking up with Aby and Amy for the #TheListLinky