It’s now the start of a brand new year the beginning of 2017 and although I’m not fond of making new years resolutions as I am quick to break them as quickly as I made them, I still like to make plans for the year ahead. I always think January is a good time to reflect on whats happened in the previous year and make new plans for a brand new year. It’s almost like a restart, a chance to wipe the slate clean and make a fresh start.
With new years resolutions we sometimes put too much pressure on ourselves to change in a way that is not practical or sustainable like following a strict diet. So this year I have made a list of 20 goals I have for 2017 they are quite open-ended and just a way of reminding ourselves that its important to reflect and acknowledge things that happen and embrace changes in our lives. I think January is a good time to do this.
12 goals for 2017
- my first is to de clutter the house I don’t mean the post-Christmas clean up, I mean room by room cupboard by cupboard clearing out cleaning and generally getting rid of all the rubbish we seem to have accumulated over 9 years we have lived here.
- drink more water and stay more hydrated throughout the day, in all seriousness this is one I need to do as I am the worlds worse at not drinking anything at all throughout the day.
- read more – I really enjoy reading and I’m hoping to read a lot more this year and enjoy the quiet time it brings
- eat more breakfast – I’m rubbish at eating breakfast it’s not that I don’t like breakfast I do its usually a time issue for me, so I’m really going try to eat something in a morning.
- get more sleep, I love my sleep and was always a go to bed early and get up early type of person but just of late I have taken to being a bit of a night owl and seem to get a second lease of life when everyone else is getting ready to get tucked up in bed. so I’m going to try to switch off and relax before bed and get into a good bedtime routine. This will also help with me being a less grumpy wife and mum come the morning when I’m still tired.
- get outdoors, we had this on our goals list for last year and although we have had a lot more outdoor time I think we could definitely plan to do more.
- meal planning and stick to it, I need to get back into the routine of planning our meals for the week and buying only what we need, but also sticking to the meal plan. This will also help with saving money and not spending unnecessarily. We have quite a lot to save up for this year so any extra money we can save would really help.
- run walk or jog, I really got into running a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it but then have not run for quite a while it feels like I’m back to square one. It is definitely something I’d like to get back into.
- take more photos, is this even possible ??? I do take a lot, but having been very spoilt for my birthday I am now the proud owner of a brand new Olympus pengeneration camera. I love photography and really want to get to grips with my new camera and continue to learn and enjoying taking a few more pictures.
- enjoy the little things in life, we are always rushing around doing things that sometimes we forget to sit back and enjoy the little things.
- do not compare your life to others, it’s far too easy to compare your life to others and but too much pressure on yourself to be a certain way. Live your life the way you want to and don’t feel pressure to do anything or be anything but yourself.
- look after your body and mind. I have enjoyed meditation and yoga in the past and is a great way to switch off and relax. We sometimes concentrate too much on the physically parts of our lives and forget about the mind, finding the balance is key.
So I would love to hear if you have any plans or goals for 2017.
Until next time